Here’s a check list to get you moving.
1. Book a reliable mover.
2. Organize packing materials;
– bubble wrap
– packing paper
3. Contact your utility and internet providers to let them know of your move date.
4. Set up utilities and internet for your new place.
5. Organize a sitter for young children and pets for the move day.
6. Downsize your furniture, pot plants and rubbish before the move date.
– charities (Free pick up services)
– gumtree.com (Free advertising)
– local council (Easy rubbish collection)
7. Empty all items from furniture including drawers and white goods into appropriate
8. Clearly label boxes as you pack them;
– which rooms they’ll go to
9. Keep a box of things in your car that you will immediately need for your new place;
– important documents
10. Notify change of address to;
– vic roads